Sunday, July 21, 2013

Speed Passion SP-1 ..Caster is faster


I ran the SP-1 again today to try to get a comparison with my other cars, and it was again very close to my other car.  In fact, the qualifier I used it for was virtually identical to my best time with the other car.  To be honest, I didn't even think it had as much motor as the other car but it had a ton of corner speed. 

So, I was thinking about this and it occurred to me that at 10* of caster, the SP-1 probably has one of the highest caster settings of any car out there out of the box.  My local track is a really large track originally built for gas cars, so it's very high speed.  I can really stay on power with the SpeedPassion car. I had to assume that this was one of the major factors, so I added more caster to my other car and that car picked up the pace as well.  Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment